Internal Complaints Committee
The Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) is constituted as per the UGC Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal of Sexual Harassment of Women Employees and Students in Higher Educational Institutions Regulations, 2015. The above Regulations are based on the Government of India’s Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013. In compliance with the UGC statutes regarding measures for ensuring the safety of women and Programs for Gender Sensitization on Campus, the ICC is committed to a zero tolerance policy towards sexual harassment and strives to create a campus free from discrimination, harassment or sexual assault at all levels.
Internal Complaints Committee Members:
Dr. Sindhu Krishnadas.T (Dept. Of Economics)
Dr. Akhila M.K (Dept. Of Commerce)
Smt. Sangeetha G Nair (Dept. of English)
Dr. Santhosh C.R (Dept. Of Sanskrit)
Smt. Aswani (Librarian)
Dr. Jassena (Dept. Of Arabic)
Adv. Juna (NGO Representative)
Sri. Maheendran I (Office Superintendent)
Arathi pradeep Second MA Economics
Thamanna Gireesh Third BA Malayalam
Who can approach ICC for help?
Any female employee (faculty member, student or non-teaching staff member) of Sree Narayana Guru College, Chelannur can seek redressal from the ICC.
Definition of Sexual Harassment:
“Sexual harassment” includes any unwelcome sexually inclined behavior, whether directly or indirectly, such as:
- Physical contact and advances
- A demand or request for sexual favours
- Making sexually coloured remarks (including jokes)
- Showing pornography (books, photographs, paintings, films, pamphlets, packages, etc. containing ‘indecent representation of women’)
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature.
Under the Act, the following also count as sexual harassment:
- Implied or explicit promise of preferential treatment in her employment.
- Implied or explicit threat of detrimental treatment in her employment.
- Implied or explicit threat about her present or future employment status.
- Interference with her work or creating an intimidating or offensive work environment for her.
- Humiliating treatment likely to affect her health or safety.
What are the possible actions that can be taken against the accused if found guilty?
Depending upon the severity of the case, punitive action may take any of the following forms
• Written apology
• Bond of good behaviour
• Adverse remark in the Confidential Report
• Stopping of increments/promotion
• Any other relevant actions
Your complaint will be kept CONFIDENTIAL.
- The inquiry shall be completed within a period of 90 days from the date of the complaint.
- The ICC shall provide a report of its findings to the Principal within a period of 10 days from the date of completion of the inquiry and such report shall be made available to the concerned parties.
- If the allegation against the respondent has been proved, the ICC shall recommend punitive action(s) to be taken against the respondent.
- The Principal shall act upon the recommendation within 60 days of receiving it.
All female faculty members, non-teaching staff and students must bear in mind that such complaints are of an extremely serious nature and should, on no account, be made in a frivolous manner. This platform should not be misused to settle personal scores, or for any other non-genuine reason
A complaint box is placed inside the corridor of the main building by ICC. Students and female staff can put their complaints regarding sexual harassment in the box. The box will open on every Monday and the complaints will be scrutinised and punitive action will take.
LEGAL AWARENESS CLASSICC of SNG College in collaboration with District Legal Services Society organised a legal awareness class on sexual harassment of women at workplace-prevention, prohibition, redressal on 22/12/2022 at 10.am in seminar hall. Sri. M.P Shyjal, Sub Judge and Secretary of District Legal Services Authority, Kozhikode take the class. Lt. Dr. Sindhu Krishnadas, Presiding Officer, ICC deliver welcome address. Dr. Kumar.S.P, Principal presided the function. Dr.Athma Jayaprakash, IQAC Co-ordinator, and Sri.Jithesh C.P,HOD, Political Science Department felicitate the function. Smt. Akhila, member, ICC deliver vote of thanks. After the session students interact with the resource person.