Facilities @ SNGCC
Library cum Reading Room
- The General library opens from 9:30 am. to 4:30 pm. on all days except Sundays and public holidays.
- Books of reference will be issued only from 12:30 pm. to 1:30 pm and 3:30 pm to 4:15 pm. Students are not permitted to take home books belonging to the reference section.
- A student is permitted to borrow, at a time, only two volumes and these volumes shall not belong to the same section.
- Books taken out by students shall be returned within 14 days. Failure to return a book on the due date entails a fine of Rs. 1/- per day for each volume retained. Sundays and holidays be excluded.
- A student against whom there is any fine or other outstanding charge will not be allowed to borrow books.
- Transfer or sublending of books is strictly prohibited.
- Marking/underlining in any books, manuscripts or map belonging to the library is absolutely forbidden.
- Books which have been borrowed from the library must be returned forthwith when a requisition is made by the Librarian. Failure to do so will involve the liability to pay a special fine.
- When borrowing a book, the student shall bring to the notice of the librarian, any damage that may be in the book. Otherwise they will be held responsible for such damage.
- If a book is lost, the student concerned will have to replace the book or pay the current price of the book and fine.
- No paper or periodical lying on the table may be removed from the reading room or from the place allotted to it.
- Students are not permitted to remove current number of periodicals from the room.
- Loud reading and talking in the reading room are strictly forbidden.
- Any loss or damage will have to be compensated by the person responsible for it.
Department Libraries exist at the various departments wherein the head of the department or the teacher in charge will make arrangements for the issue and return of books.
A well furnished gymnasium is provided in the campus expecting to cater the needs of students as well as teachers.
Facilities for sports and games are provided in the college. Students are expected to make good use of them to develop a healthy mind within a healthy body.
Hostel facility is provided for boys as well as girls selected by sports Council of Kerala. Students thus selected are given intensive and systematic coaching in sports and games by expert coaches of the Kerala State Sports Council.
The Sports Council of Kerala has set up two sports hos tels in the college, one for men and the other for women, from 1997 onwards. A coach has been appointed by the Sports Authority of India to give them training in Volleyball.
The College provides a well furnished & maintained hostel facility for women.
Co - Operative Society Ltd. (Reg. No. D.2092)
A Co-operative society is working in the college to meet the needs of students regarding text books, articles of stationery, laboratory records etc. All members of the teaching and non-teaching staff are share holders of the society. Every student shall pay Rs. 6/- as fee for Associate Membership of the Co-operative society which shall not be refunded. An elected executive committee is the governing body of the society.
The college canteen working in the campus, provides vegetarian and non-vegetarian food to the staff and students at reasonable prices.
Internet with broad band facility is provided to all departments to cater the needs of both staff and students.
A well equipped computer lab with broad band facility is set up in the college for the staff and students.
A Xerox machine is working on the campus to meet the photocopying needs of the students.
water purifier cum cooler and three water purifiers provide the students with pure drinking water.
Foot ball Field
Volley Ball court - 3
Shuttle Court -1
Boys sports hostel
- All students admitted to the college shall keep the identity card with recent passport size photograph duly attested by the Principal. All payments, issue of certificates etc. will be made to students only on production of the identity card.
- Students should strictly wear the Identity card within the college campus.
- The students shall produce their identity card as and when the teachers, office staff and other members of the college service demand it. Any tampering or disfiguring made on the identity card will be viewed seriously.